Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) - working in Berlin for a good purpose
Plantix is the world’s most downloaded app for farmers - combining artificial intelligence and the expertise of leading research institutions around the globe. Millions of customers use Plantix in order to identify diseases and nutrient deficiencies affecting their crops. For the first time in their farming life, they are able to obtain an accurate diagnosis. On top of this, we provide detailed advice on how to avoid crop loss and to minimise pesticide and fertilizer use. With Plantix, we are able to make a meaningful impact in farmers’ lives.
Would you love to join our team of over 50 people in Germany and India? We are looking for a great problem solver for our office in Indore!
At Plantix, we solve interesting and challenging problems. You will join a department of software, machine learning and devops engineers, working on the Plantix core backend infrastructure. Our distributed services process, label and store tens of thousands of plant images each day, helping farmers diagnose plant diseases in seconds.
As a senior software development engineer, you will architect, design, code and deploy clean, testable, tested and scalable microservices as part of our fleet, and work on making existing infrastructure more resilient. You will take an active role in the planning sessions for your team, drive design discussions, write and review design docs, review code, mentor junior engineers and establish good practices.
Our tech stack currently includes AWS, Python, TypeScript, Flask, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins and Docker, but this is not set in stone. We treat languages and frameworks as tools and we believe strong engineers are able to choose and learn technologies quickly.
- Strong computer science fundamentals - basic data structures, algorithms, complexity (no formal training required, just great problem-solving skills)
- SOLID software engineering fundamentals - object-oriented or functional design, relational data modeling, API design, clean code and unit-testing
- 6+ years of software engineering experience and mastery of at least one modern programming language - Python, Ruby, Go, Java, Scala, C#, C++ or similar
- Growth mindset towards learning Python and choosing the right language, library or tool for the job
- Mindset towards building robust, tested and maintainable services, clean architecture, technical excellence, observability and scalability
- Strong bias for action. You thrive when you have clear goals, not just tasks. You can lead the way and motivate others to follow and execute on your mission
- You treat everybody with humility, trust and respect and you love making an impact by sharing your knowledge via whiteboard sessions, code reviews, mentoring and talks
What we offer:
- The opportunity to get hands-on experience building a revolutionary and meaningful product, while having big influence on the direction we take in Engineering and lots of autonomy to do the right thing - and do it well
- Being part of an engineering team where knowledge sharing, mentorship, mastery and professional growth are as important as shipping code
- Working for a growing, VC-backed, mission-driven company that cares about its employees, a great work climate and of course pain reliefs for small farmers
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Employee stock-option plan
- Work at a modern, well-equipped office in the center of Indore with a creative and inspiring environment