Senior Software Engineer based in Indore
Plantix is the world’s most downloaded app for farmers - combining artificial intelligence and the expertise of leading research institutions around the globe. Millions of customers use Plantix in order to identify diseases and nutrient deficiencies affecting their crops. For the first time in their farming life, they are able to obtain an accurate diagnosis. On top of this, we provide detailed advice on how to avoid crop loss and to minimise pesticide and fertilizer use. With Plantix, we are able to make a meaningful impact in farmers’ lives.
Would you love to join our team of over 100 people? We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our office in Indore!
At Plantix, we solve interesting and challenging problems. You will join a team of software, machine learning and devops engineers, working on the Plantix core backend infrastructure. Our distributed services process, label and store tens of thousands of plant images each day, helping farmers diagnose plant diseases in seconds. As a software engineer, you will design, code and deploy clean, testable, tested and scalable microservices as part of our fleet, and work on making existing infrastructure more resilient. You will participate in design sessions, writing and reviewing design docs, code reviews and mentoring other engineers.
Our tech stack currently includes AWS, Python, TypeScript, Flask, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins and Docker, but this is not set in stone. We treat languages and frameworks as tools and we believe strong engineers are able to choose and learn technologies quickly.
- Strong computer science fundamentals - basic data structures, algorithms, complexity (no formal training required, just great problem-solving skills)
- SOLID software engineering fundamentals - object-oriented or functional design, clean code, unit-testing, database and API design
- 4+ years of software engineering experience and mastery of at least one modern programming language - Python, TypeScript, Ruby, Go, Rust, Java, C#, C++ or similar
- Growth mindset towards learning Python and choosing the right language, library or tool for the job
- Mindset towards building robust, tested and maintainable services, operational excellence and scalability
- You treat everybody with humility, trust and respect and you love sharing your knowledge via whiteboard sessions, code reviews, mentoring or talks
What we offer:
- The opportunity to get hands-on experience building a revolutionary and meaningful product while having lots of autonomy to implement own ideas
- Being part of an engineering team where knowledge sharing, mentorship and professional growth are as important as shipping code
- Working for a growing, VC-backed, mission driven company that cares about its employees, a great work climate and of course pain reliefs for small farmers
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Employee stock-option plan
- Work at a modern, well-equipped office in the center of Berlin with a creative and inspiring environment (incl. fresh fruits, tea & coffee, a kitchen and relaxation area, a shower as well as 3 doggies at your disposal if you ever feel the need for furry company :)