AVP Procurement - Seeds/Crop Protection
Plantix is India’s leading digital ecosystem connecting farmers, local retailers and agri-input producers. It is the world’s most downloaded app for farmers - combining artificial intelligence and the expertise of leading research institutions around the globe. Millions of customers use the Plantix Crop Doctor to diagnose crop problems, get recommendations about treatments and the best suited products at their local store.
For the first time in their farming life, many are now able to obtain an accurate diagnosis and the right treatment. On top of this, we provide detailed advice on how to avoid crop loss and to minimize pesticide and fertilizer use. With Plantix, we are able to make a meaningful impact in farmers’ lives.
We have also built the country’s largest digital B2B platform, the Plantix Partner App for agri-inputs - connecting tens of thousand local retailers. The company has over 1000 products listed in the product catalog, offers transparent pricing, easy payment and business management.
What’s exciting in Plantix
- Working for a growing, VC-backed, mission-driven company that cares about its employees, a great work climate and of course pain reliefs for small farmersModern and well-equipped office in the center of Indore (cleanest city in India) with a creative and inspiring environment
- 5 days a week, Saturday is WFH
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Company-sponsored health & accidental insurance coverage
- Team Lunches, Dinners
- Rewarding career opportunities
- Success & Festive Celebrations and much more..!!
Snippets about CP Head of Procurement
The person in this role will head the procurement of Agro chemicals across all the 10 states we operate in.
The role is expected to possess a proven track record with top agri-input brands, carry a dynamic and growth mindset and have been a go-to person when it comes to accepting aspirational business goals and driving it through people. The role is a key leadership position at Plantix. This position will report to the EVP – Procurement and Supply chain.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Proven experience in the Crop protection, Seeds and Agro-chemicals industry
- Formulating systems and processes to bring standards and controls in procurement which includes vendor development and management.
- Preparation of annual purchase budget and ensure Purchase price variance is maintained within annual operating plan
- Review of Purchase budget/performance with the management on monthly basis.
- To ensure that all central purchase related reports and financial statements comply with the standards set, and in accordance with the management agreements.
- Will be leading and aligning a team of 3-5 members
- Strategizing as per the crop pattern and associated technicals and products for a given geographical area
- Analyzing the market trends regarding operating prices of products and demand supply situation in key geographies
- Building a network with the think tank in Agritech community and knows key decision makers among the top brands
Education & Experiences
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agri sciences
- Master’s degree in Agri business management
- Good academic record throughout the career.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Agro-chemicals
Experience with one of the big Agri companies (Bayer, UPL, Syngenta, BASF, Corteva) will be an added advantage.
- Sales and Procurement Experience in the Agri-inputs domain will be preferred
- Good negotiation skills and takes calculated risks
- Is curious and willing to learn and experiment
- Willing to relocate to Indore
- Sales and Procurement Experience in the Agri-inputs domain
- Highly data driven and analytical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills -reading, emailing, speaking.
- Top class vendor management skills.
- Independent problem-solving and quick decision-making skills.
- Rich public speaking skills to negotiate with or convince with ideas in a large crowd setup. Tech savviness will be a plus.
- High precision and accuracy skills in data management and reporting.
- Business acumen and entrepreneurial skills while making key people decision
Abilities & Traits
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Growth mindset to go the extra mile.
- Agility to deliver faster results matching the business objectives.
- Exhibit leadership traits to the team members and offer inspiration to others.
- Passion to take up challenging projects out of the comfort zone and produce desired results.
- Level - 1 : Category lead - Virtual
1). Technical Knowledge
2). Functional Skills
3). Exposure to Startups
4). Team Leadership
5). Culture Fitment.
Level - 2 : EVP - Virtual
1). Leadership abilities
2). Technical capabilities
3). Mindsets & Values
How swift? Max 10 working days for the entire process